The temperatures have dropped (unless you live on the southeastern coast of the US) and people are getting in the holiday spirit. We put up our fake tree and decorated it with care. Candles have been lit, cards have been purchased, and gifts were wrapped. The only thing I haven’t done is watch my favorite Christmas movies on repeat. But I have made a list of my favorite things! Unfortunately, I left bright copper kettles and warm wool in mittens off the list.
1. Hot Chocolate. I try to avoid drinking this year round because it would cause me to have the same figure as Santa, but I think I make up for lost time whenever December rolls around. I get mine with no whip cream because that stuff is nast.
2. Disney’s Frozen. Not to be confused with the 2010 film also titled Frozen which is about 3 college students who get stuck on a ski lift and die grizzly deaths. No, not that one. Disney’s Frozen is a cute, Scandinavian tale about sisters who go on a journey of finding themselves and learning about each other along the way. It’s pretty adorbs and it’s got some great tunes!
3. Faux Fur Hats. I thoroughly enjoy making myself look as Russian as possible during the winter. Basically I just fill in my brows, drink tons of vodka (kidding…or am I?) and wear my furry headband/hat from Club Monaco. It’s the best thing ever and I get so many comps (compliments) on it!
4. Christmas Themed Bath Bombs. Okay, I know I have an unhealthy Lush addiction, but they have so many awesome bath products that come out during the Christmas season that I actually can’t control myself. I liked the Father Christmas one the best because it changed colors from a foamy white to a vibrant green. Very entertaining.
5. White hair. For no apparent reason.
6. The Room App. O my G this app is so entertaining. It’s definitely not Christmas themed, but it’ll keep you company even on the coldest nights. It’s a spooky mystery game that involves a lot of problem solving. I completed the app and now patiently awaiting The Room 2 which should be released sometime at the end of this year. Or so they say…
7. Lotion. During the winter, skin tends to dry out and get kind of gross. I moisturize myself quite a bit. The lotion I use isn’t particularly Christmas-y, but it does the trick. Right now I alternate between Philosophy’s Field of Flowers Wildflower lotion and Bath and Body Work’s Pink Chiffon body butter.
8. Philomena. If you get the chance to see a movie with a parent or by yourself, I would totally suggest seeing Philomena. It’s a true story surprisingly written by Steve Coogan starring himself and Judi Dench. It struck a chord with me. The movie itself is kind of sad because it’s about a woman, Philomena, trying to find her son that was taken away from her when she lived in a Catholic laundry nunnery. But there are many sweet and comical moments too which round out the film well.
What are your favorite things this season?