Can you believe that summer is already starting to wind down? It feels like it just started! I figured that I might as well compile my favorite things for this season. *Cue “My Favorite Things” music from The Sound of Music*
1. Kim Kardashian: Hollywood app. That was so weird. It’s almost like I could hear the sound of hundreds of people clicking the unfollow button. Hear me out though. I am aware of the grossness that is Kim Kardashian. Her family of narcissists disgusts me as well, don’t worry. BUT I’m a sucker for terrible computer games. Hell, I was raised in the 90’s. It’s really all I know.
Anyway, the gist of the game is that you’re a nobody, trying to make it in Hollywood. You happen to save Kim’s big butt during an emergency fashion nightmare and you end up climbing the ladder of celeb status thanks to Kim, fashion shoots, flirting, and your many agents. It’s just a fun, brainless way to pass the time. Plus, it gives me that satisfaction of knowing that at least once in my life I’ll have owned a loft in Beverly Hills AND a mansion in Miami at the same time.
2. Weddings. Um hi, weddings are so fun! I haven’t attended many wedding celebrations in my life but I sure do love ’em. How much fun is it to dress up, look at beautiful people, family, friends, etc. and eat delicious food and dance all night? Those are pretty much all my favorite things to do all thrown into one night. Weddings, hell yeah.
3. Haagen-Dazs. There should be an umlaut in there somewhere but I’m far too lazy to look up the key combo for it. This beautiful ice cream brand has been on sale in the grocery store for a couple of weeks now and my husband and I have made sure to take advantage of this good fortune. Some of our favorite flavors have been Pralines and Cream, Caramel Explosion, Strawberry (mine, not his) and Cookie Dough. Literal heaven.
4. Face Masks. You know how I like to pamper myself. Lately my face has been crying out for love because I’ve reverted back to my teenage self and for some reason have zits. So not cool. But I’ve given my face some extreme TLC by listening to “No Scrubs” and investing in luxurious face masks. Some of which have been Glam Glow’s Super Mud treatment, Lush’s Brazened Honey, and Origin’s Active Charcoal mask. Despite looking like The Creature from the Black Lagoon while sporting said masks, my skin is grateful and in turn, so am I.
5. Curb Your Enthusiasm. Yes I know this show isn’t the newest and doesn’t have the best looking cast per se, but it’s damn funny and shockingly true. My husband and I finally finished all 8 seasons and we’re sad that we reached the end of this Jew-y era (I can say that because I’m 16% Jewish). If you haven’t given this a watch, I highly suggest it.
That’s all folks! What are some of your faves this summer?
20 thoughts on “Summer Favorites”
Curb, curb, and more curb. I can’t get enough of Curb. Curb. But, the Kelly children and their mother, Marya, had a Summer 2014 binge watching session, with the TV series, “Scandal.” We were ok with Season One. But by Season Three, Olivia Pope bugged, big time. Her father’s monologues were a forced piece trying to immitate Shakespeare’s MacBeth. And, we ended being, Team Millie. Let’s give it up for Summer 2014. I hope this post goes through. I have tried several times to post a comment to you, but the password gets messed up. Love to you and yours.
Hey there long lost cuz! Yeah I dig curb so much. I’ve never watched Scandal but I’ve heard good things! I’ll have to give it a watch because of your recommendation. Thanks for still reading! Love you!
Yes, it went through! Bit I am now, Meredith’s blog name, “Glitterconts.”
I am doing this on my phone. Excuse the typos.
Apology… NOT ACCEPTED.
Haha I know. How dare she have typos…
I’m also addicted to that game. You’re not alone. Hehe.
Yay! Glad it’s not just me…
Number one on my list would learning a new word – ‘umlaut’
Lol you obviously haven’t been wandering around Germany lately…
My favourite thing this summer appears to be nostalgia. I’ve been listening to a lot of older music: Kirsty MacColl, Squeeze and a Canadian band called Saga, which were a prog-rock outfit, plenty o’ synths and guitar solos. I had a bunch of their albums but later sold them out of embarrassment. Regret. Much of it is cheesy, but they had one quite good album, Worlds Apart, which you can stream on YouTube. Last night I watched one of my favourite movies, Local Hero, from 1983. Is this age? Why am I asking you?
Reading Back Roads right now. Perfect summer reading…
Nostalgia is a beautiful thing. I don’t think I know any of Kirsty McColl’s work, but I looked her up on wiki and her death story is cray. And I don’t know Saga either. I will study up on them. Squeeze however, is my main squeeze and I can’t get enough of them. Plenty o’ synths haha. Never heard of Local Hero either. I need to take some obscure pop culture classes from you.
Ahh so happy you’re reading Back Roads! Glad you’re liking it! It is perfect for the summer. Not too deep, yet evokes some pretty weird emotions…
I wanted to P.S. that the reason I thought of Local Hero because it co-stars Peter Capaldi, who is the new Doctor. So I’m not completely in the past.
Yes, Kirsty’s story is heartbreaking.
My summer of ’14 favourites: celebrating our anniversary at The Bengal Lounge, My Name is Earl (those Hickey brothers make me feel pretty good about my own life!) and blueberry wine from Mooberry Winery in Qualicum Beach (it’s surprisingly delicious!)
So cool to talk to a victoria girl on here! I’ve never eaten at the Bengal Lounge but it looks classy and cozy. I think we are going to go to Il Terrazo for our anniversary next week 🙂 Mooberry Winery sounds adorbs. I never saw much of My Name is Earl, but the eps I did catch made me laugh. It’s a surprisingly charming show!
Yay for Lily’s summer faves. 🙂
Thanks Sandy! Glad you liked them! 😀
I was addicted to Parks & Rec! And a friend of mine got hooked on to the Kim K and I lost a bit of respect for her……… But maybe I should give it a go .-.
Chocolate chip cookie dough, yeah!
That ice cream looks so good!!! My favorite is cookie dough, so yummy! I’ve seen so many commercials for the Kim Kardashion game, I’ve always wondered what it’s about. But I just could never get over it enough to play it. 🙂