Howdy y’all! Okay sorry never doing that again. I’m pretty sure someone already wrote about pet peeves…and I believe it was my mother. Ew I hate when people refer to their mom and dad as mother and father. It’s so formal that it hurts me. Let’s talk about other things that physically pain me to witness.
- When waiters/waitresses bring a refill, but don’t take the other glass away. I don’t want 5 glasses around my plate as a constant reminder that my insides are the color of sludge.
- People who talk to loud in the movie theater. I hate when people talk during the previews, but I won’t say anything until the movie actually starts because usually people stop by then. BUT for those who continue to talk during the show, they’ll most definitely face my fury.
- Slow drivers. Nuff said.
- People that get mad when other people don’t recycle. Like, why do you even care? You probably won’t be alive when the world has collapsed due to aluminum cans being thrown in the paper bin.
- When people can’t use a knife and fork properly. I’m not saying that I have the best manners and belong at the royal dinner table with the Queen, but yes. That’s exactly what I’m saying.
- The women on The View and interrupt-y newscasters. People talking over each other is so insane. If someone is trying to make a point, let them make it. I’m sure you can somehow remember your rebuttal whilst listening to them finish.
- When people don’t say thank-you, bless you, or you’re welcome. These are just common courtesies. I remember when I moved to Utah, no one said “bless you” after anyone sneezed. I don’t know if it was a Utah thing, or a college thing, but it saddened me that no one wanted to bless my soul.
- When people don’t wash their work uniform. I can smell you. From here.
- Ignorant celebrities. How can people who have so much money have no intellect? It pains me so much. I don’t want to say that they’re undeserving of their money, but………
- When people say “not only that” after you make an awesome point. Like, why do you have to ruin what I just said by adding onto it? Can’t you just agree that I’m right?
- Homeless people who strike up a conversation. Sorry, but I’m trying my best to ignore you. Last week, one of them asked me where my license plate was from. I told him and he was like, “You’re a long way from home!” Looking back, I should’ve just burst into tears and ran away.
- Homeless people who think having a dog is a good idea. If you can’t feed yourself, why are you trying to be responsible for another being?
- When cashiers give you the receipt, bills, and coins all in one bundle. Ugh just separate it so I don’t have to stand there trying it sort it myself. Think of all the time I could save if you just handed me the money first and then the receipt!
20 thoughts on “Pet Peeves”
“When cashiers give you the receipt, bills, and coins all in one bundle. Ugh just separate it so I don’t have to stand there trying it sort it myself. Think of all the time I could save if you just handed me the money first and then the receipt!”
YES! SO annoying. I finally just stopped carrying cash on me and use my debit card for everything.
Smart move, lady. I seriously get so flustered and just can’t handle anything else when they give me all of that in one bunch!
Aww, I love addressing my parents as mother and father. I thought it made me look “cool”. Sigh!.
Hahah I mean, if you’re doing it sarcastically, or like, to be retro, then yeah, I could see how that’s cool! No worries, everything I say is the opposite of right. So don’t listen to me. 😉
I TOTALLY judge people for not recycling. It’s my pet peeve! So my pet peeve is your pet peeve then? Or do they cancel each other out?
I also tell people they should be composting, too. 😉
Haha you WOULD! You’re such a little earth child, poetry goddess. Composting grosses me out, but I could see how you would like it because you like to work in the garden and stuff. I just can’t seem to get in the mood for recycling! But I have been doing my cans and bottles! Be proud!
I used to collect recyclables out of the trash cans during the lunches at high school and take them to the bins at Whole Foods on the weekends. For fun. Sigh, I can be so nerdy about stuff like that.
My compost pile hasn’t been tended to…since EVER…so I just drop my egg shells and remnants from veggies on top. And every morning this month there has been a CLOUD of butterflies nibbling away. Who knew they liked the crap I threw out?
And I’m very very proud of you for recycling even through your distaste for it. Attagirl!
When there are people around ;).
Haha that’s your pet peeve? That’s the best. People are the reason that all of my pet peeves exist! If people weren’t around, I wouldn’t have any problems!
“When people say “not only that” after you make an awesome point. Like, why do you have to ruin what I just said by adding onto it? Can’t you just agree that I’m right?” – you
This was my favorite. It’s almost like the unfunny friend who tries to join in on the bit. You’re all riffing on cream cheese and doing great jokes then he chimes in with something obvious and poorly worded. Okay, it’s nothing like it. But the same people do this. They get one great point out there then they blow it.
Totally same type of thing. I hate that. It’s like, can’t I just have my moment. I feel like people who always have to have the last word all end up in hell anyway.
Do you and your friends talk about cream cheese a lot? Sounds like you’re friends with some great conversationalists.
“When cashiers give you the receipt, bills, and coins all in one bundle. Ugh just separate it so I don’t have to stand there trying it sort it myself.”
Not only that… 😉
But when they ask me if I’d like a bag when I’ve bought a shit load of stuff. No it’s alright I’ll try and cram four sandwiches for my work colleagues into my pockets, keep my cigarettes in my mouth, shove the can of Coke up my arse and juggle the bags of chips while trying to unlock my car door. =/
Hahah okay, THAT was a good add-on. Needed to be said. I like to use up bags even if I have 1 item. I’m a wasteful person and I’m not ashamed of it!
Once again PETE HOWORTH has me laughing!
Lily, these were classic. Of course I’m familiar with all of your pet peeves, having been at your side for the majority of them – witnessing your displeasure at the world can be very entertaining!
One of my pet peeves is the phrase, “Pet Peeves.” What the…?
Tee hee thanks! Pete Howorth is a funny lad, I must admit. But seriously, Pet Peeves is pretty creepy. Why can’t they be just peeves? Why pet?
A whole post dedicated to Terrible Things!
Don’t take this the wrong way, but in some reality out there in the Multiverse, you’re my perfect mate, Lily!
Hah I know, right? Taking time to look at all the bad things is more entertaining than talking about the good!
“People that get mad when other people don’t recycle. Like, why do you even care? You probably won’t be alive when the world has collapsed due to aluminum cans being thrown in the paper bin.”
I do have to say that I make an effort to recycle at home and at work, but I’m not like the above listed peeps. What I hate most is people that recycle at home, but don’t try to keep it up when they’re away from their house. Either you’re a recycler, or your not. Don’t preach to me, when you’re at MY house, and then go off and be as fake as the stuff you’re throwing in the trash.
I’m just the worst recycler ever. I wish I could just throw everything into one bag and be done with it. I’ve tried to make more of an effort at home now though. But I agree, people should be consistent. I HATE preachy people. The more people tell me how to do something or how I should do something, the less I will want to do it. Maybe I’m just stubborn