So instead of writing about how weird Canada is, today I’ve decided to freshen it up and talk about things that I hate that other people don’t, and vice versa.
1. A selection of television programs you do not care for: Big Bang Theory and Glee. What is so appealing about watching unattractive men talk about science? And like that girl on the show would EVER date any of them. Unrealistic. The only one who is semi-funny is the Jewish guy. Glee just makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Everyone on that show is so pretentious. And their “remakes” of songs sound exactly like the original. Is it supposed to be funny? And I hate how they cater to every stereotype. Talk about unrealistic.
2. A selection of musical artists you do not care for: I don’t really like James Taylor’s music. I don’t mind him as a person, I guess. His voice kind of gives me the creeps. And as for a real unpopular opinion, I don’t really like Dave Matthews. Sorry, everyone that went to my high school. Oh, and Prince 😉
3. A selection of celebrities you couldn’t care less about: Thinking about this makes my brain hurt.
4. A hobby you don’t understand: Running. I used to run every day. And now, looking back on it, I have to question my sanity. I also find it weird when people are super crafty. It’s like, how does their brain think of all these projects? Aliens.
5. A habit you find disgusting: Swearing. I hate when people throw those words around in everyday conversation. It makes them seem uneducated and tacky.
6. Something in your school that you really liked doing that everyone else hated: Orientation. There’s something about setting up my locker and finding my classes that I always enjoyed. Also, on the day of orientation, you would see how everyone changed over the summer. And by changed, I mean how tan they got.
7. Your favorite household chore: First of all, I hate the word chore. Its so Little House on the Prairie. My favorite duty would probably be making the bed. That counts, right?
8. PC or MAC: PC all the way. Mac are weird for the sake of being different. Its like, really? You had to put the exit buttons on the other side of the screen? What purpose does that serve?
9. A sport you don’t like for whatever reason: Soccer. I don’t get it. And everyone is so competitive. Maybe it’s from being in England for so long. And everyone calling it futbol. That just makes it 10 times worse.
10. A sport you really like for whatever reason: I like tennis. I like watching it and playing it. I’m terrible. But there is something about it that never gets old. And I like to swim. But watching swimming is only the most boring.
11. Television programs you love but have gotten teased for liking: The Real Housewives. I know that I am not alone. Can’t get enough of those crack whores. And I also love Extreme Home Makeover even though Ty seems drunk the whole time and its pretty much the same family week after week. I also love any freak show that’s on TLC.
12. Musical artists that you love but have been teased for liking: Enya. I actually have all of her songs on my ipod–THEY SOOTHE ME, OKAY?
13. A habit you have that people bug you about: Biting my nails. Sorry, they’re just so delicious.
14. Something you hated doing in school that everyone else seemed to love: Rollerskating in gym. Me + rollerskates =most awkward thing on the planet.
15. A household chore that makes you want to shoot your own face off: I think we can all agree that dishes are the most sick nasty thing ever. If I could eat off of paper plates every day, I would.
16. A celebrity crush that other people don’t understand: I love me some Alan Rickman. And I legitimately had a crush on Lumiere from Beauty and The Beast, if that counts.
17 thoughts on “Unpopular Opinion Challenge”
“They’re just delicious” :).
I’m guilty of swearing. I’m too afraid people would think I’m a kind and soft-hearted person. I ain’t, godd***it.
I know what you mean. Its hard when those words are used so often, and lets face it, they make jokes sound funnier. But in everyday convos I try to avoid. Your blogs don’t have too many swears, you classy broad.
Love me some sweet baby James… Dave Matthews, I couldn’t agree more, just too groovy and trying too hard.
Probably the only day of school I enjoyed, orientation. Probably because I knew I wouldn’t be asked questions that I didn’t know the answers to. As for you Random Female Blogger, swearing, to me, is equal to getting a tattoo. Best to leave that behavior for truck drivers and sailors. Don’t succumb to the pressures of the world, maintain your feminine dignity!
I think we’ve all been guilty of succumbing to the pressures of the world. As you so cutely put it. I feel like you would make a good suffragette.
Only if I can sing the suffragette song from Mary Poppins. I love the Suffragettes. Good call.
haha yeah that is exactly what I was thinking of! I love her little haircut and round face.
I’m shocked you had rollerskates in high school gym. We were lucky if the soccer ball was round. Maybe it’s me, but this post makes you seem more likable haha
Even if you do wanna bone Hans Gruber
My high school had everything. A 20 lane swimming pool, 8 tennis courts, indoor track, rock wall, wrestling gym, gymnastics gym….the list goes on. They could afford skates. For some reason they couldn’t afford the best gym uniforms though. Glad this post makes me more likable. Its always easier to bond over things and people you hate.
Just the name Hans Gruber turns me on.
So…my cup is full with agreeing with most if not all of your non-popular opinions…YOU ROCK…cousin Lily. I can’t stand “Glee.” And, anyone that says, “Did you see ‘Glee’ last night?” is a seriously disturbed outcast. And the North Shore gals I hang with here in my town LOVE the “F” word…something that is seriously disturbing, as well. The moms like to cover up their child’s ears and mouth F….the child blinks…and either (a) thinks his/her mom is soooo cool or (b) my mom needs her mouth washed out with soap…again…
Also…I hardly have time to watch TV, but I LOVE to analyze the hostesess on QVC. They come up with the best phrases and within ten minutes I feel like they are my BFF’s…totally…there is some good screenwriting on that show. My most recent favorite phrase from QVC is…”let’s do a switch-a-doodle-do.”
Haha! I love those women on QVC! Not only their phrases but the tone of their voice, so stepford-like. I think combined they must have an IQ of 85. Scary.
You’ll have to fight me for the affection of Alan. Just saying.
I’m sure he wouldn’t mind sharing…
Alan Rickman? The guy is a top actor but he has the voice and appearance. of a flamboyant paedophile doing an impression of a giraffe.
1. Did you write these questions yourself (ie: 15. A household chore that makes you want to shoot your own face off)
11. Ty ahhahahahaha
16. Lumiere on Broadway. So sexi.
Guys in rollerskates/blades = biggest turnoff ever.
Haha no I stole them from someone on tumblr. Nothing I do is original or creative. Lumiere…true love. Seriously Be Our Guest changed my life.
I’m an Enya fan too, not gonna lie.
Enya is the best!