Never in my life have I made a bucket list. I was especially deterred from making one when the 2007 release of the movie “The Bucket List” came out. It disturbed me on more levels than one. Morgan Freeman’s voice can only do so much to save a movie. And no, I didn’t watch the movie. The trailer did enough damage.
I always saw my life’s journey through rose colored glasses. Everything was good, everything was doable, everything was in grasp. Well, now I realize that opportunities and adventures cost money and take time. So why not make a list of things to accomplish in the future–to remind yourself what you want to eventually do when the opportunity arises. Here’s mine:
1. Go to at least one country in Africa.
2. Go to at least one country in Asia.
3. Go to at least one country in South America. (I’ve been to Mexico…but I don’t think that counts.)
4. Buy a designer gown.
5. Swim across the Straight of Juan de Fuca.
6. Ride a camel.
7. Snorkel around the Great Barrier Reef.
8. Give birth.
9. Go to a nude beach and bare it all.
10. Save someone’s life.
11. Visit a national park.
12. Purchase a URL and have a .com website.
13. Punch someone.
14. Go to a psychic.
15. Learn to ice skate.
16. Go to an Ashram and learn to meditate properly.
17. Pet a whale.
18. See Aurora Borealis/Northern Lights
19. Write a story.
20. Learn to play piano.
What’s on your bucket list?